Wed. Sep 28th, 2022

We’ve heard it all before, “dogs are man’s best friend”. As devoted pet owners, you sometimes want the best for you pet dogs as much as you did for a certain family members. There’s something more about dog care than just providing your dogs the best dog supplies out there. Taking steps necessary for your dog’s safety is also one thing since dogs can also be at risk of any dangerous household items that might be in your home. It can be serious dangers and all you have to do now is know what these items are just in case you did not even know about them.

Over a thousand pets suffer each year for getting into what seems like harmless household items, according to experts. As pet owners, here are the top 5 hazards you need to watch out for to ensure you dog’s safety:

1. Medications https://askandythedog.com/signs-your-dog-is-protective-over-you/
The bottom line is, swallowing prescription pills could kill you pet. Keep your four-footed friends away from all medication, closed or open, because dogs could knock it around, chew on it and can open it in seconds. If you’re sensible enough, you would also not leave an open prescription bottle within your dog’s reach.

2. Liquid Potpourri
Many of the liquid-potpourri ingredients is said to breed ulcers in animal’s mouth, throat, and gastrointestinal tract. They can be badly burned lapping up hot oils and detergents. Although experts said that cats appear to be more at risk since they are more likely to climb up to reach simmer pots, dogs are not exceptions. Formulas used to make liquid potpourri are also toxic to dogs.

3. Pine-Oil Cleaners
You floor might look good and clean with this cleaner, but there is a danger you didn’t know about that your dog is at risk of. The phenol content of these products can cause serious liver damage in you pets according to experts. And even a simple exposure can be harmful. Your pet might unknowingly lap up spill or just lick the wet stuff off her feet.

4. Polyurethane Glue
You would never think this stuff as an attraction to dogs but if dogs happened to see something like a bottle lying on the floor, they would think of it as a toy. In fact, an increase percentage of glue-related cases were reported by the Animal Poison Control Center in the previous years. A swollen stomach is likely to be a symptom of this incident and dog needs to be taken to a vet. This stuff can cause severe harm to your pet dog because it goes to stomach when swallowed, absorbs moisture and expands forming a large, rock-like mass according to experts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.